Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Opening the Book

Here are my intentions:

a) record my thoughts on running roleplaying games from the perspective of someone comfortable with improvising but who enjoys creating fairly detailed settings.

This will most likely focus on the use of random generators like dice tables, tarot cards, and GM emulators to support sandbox-style play in settings that are sketched out with enough prompts to get going.


b) discuss and analyze interesting game mechanics and subsystems

I believe all GMs use house rules, and running RAW is a recipe for disaster. There are many bits and bobs that we cobble together into our games, and I like thinking about how they work.


c) comment on and synthesize the work of other roleplaying bloggers

There is a lot of really good stuff out there, and it's inspired combinations of ideas and informed my GMing style and technique. I want to keep track of it somewhere that isn't vague notes in a forgotten folder.


d) share stuff created for my own games

 Random tables, useful subsystems, maps, setting designs, session reports, etc. Hopefully they'll be of use to someone other than me.


Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment