Saturday, August 27, 2016

Ancient Soviet Ruins

Today's #RPGaDay2016 prompt is: most unusual circumstance or location you've played in.

Boy, I have played in a wide variety of very boring places. The university dorm common room, my dining room, my friends' dining rooms, and my living room (which also includes playing online).

Literally the only time I have not played in one of those situations was around this time last year. There was an extended family gathering in Poland to celebrate my grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary. We all went to a "health resort", which turned out to actually be a former soviet holiday camp. The architecture and food quality had not changed since the 60s. It was infested with wasps. We had to buy toilet paper and soap from the front desk. The woods outside contained an exercise trail that weaved through impressive old bunker-looking things:



My partner improvised a game for me in the lobby. Pretending to explore ancient Mayan ruins was a nice respite from this bizarre place. Though, it was on a pretty lake and the sun looked good reflected on the water. I should set a game there.

No comments:

Post a Comment